Sunday, May 24, 2009

There's No Way 6 Weeks is Long Enough!

So, I thought I never wanted to leave San Telmo, the barrio I live in. BUT in the last couple days, I’ve expanded my experiences a bit and realized that this city has absolutely everything to offer everyone. I mean, I suppose it makes sense as it is a HUGE city of millions. But I’ve been amazed at the variety of stores, bars, restaurants, parks, museums…

We went on a bit of a tour a few days ago and that was a great opportunity to preview the city and decide where I really want to go back and explore.


Some sweet graffitti - it's all over the place.
I'll try to collect enough for an entire blog post.



La flor de metal - a beautiful flower
sculpture... it turns around during
the day to follow the sun!



La Boca, one of the most iconic barrios.
This is the neighborhood we can thank for tango!



La boca is really historical and interesting but really poor as well. This
mural is an homage to the fútbol team, Boca.


BUT, I still freaking love San Telmo! We explored the weekly festival/market today. So many things I want to buy... but I controled myself. This week...


I had to try really hard not to buy this. "Spaniards v
Incas" - funniest chess set ever! They also had a couple different
Jesuits v Indians. I might have to go back.



Heart melting old men singing tango songs... Ayyy!



Here's the view from the balcony off my bedroom...
una vista muy linda... So cool!

Tonight? The big 200 year independence celebration!! There’s a giant free concert in the middle of the city. Then tomorrow… recovery and homework. Ick.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you're in an amazing place indeed! Enjoy!!

    (And how did surviving that giant free concert work for ya? Hehe..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous.... This looks like a wonderful experience for you... I'm really afraid that you're not going to come home... Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling, you should totally buy the jesuits v indians chess set and if you did i would come play chess with you like everday(after of course i learn how to play. if you don't i will cry. and i don't want to cry nor do i think you want me to cry.
    mucho love,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete