Friday, February 26, 2010

Mariposas!

I don’t have too many exciting things to report this week… except that I saw one of the coolest things of my life!

Last weekend we visited a butterfly sanctuary in Valle de Bravo, Michoacan, about three hours from the city. Millions upon millions of butterflies take a rest for a couple months every year here on their way south from Canada- it’s absolutely amazing.

It was pretty cool because it looked and felt just like we were in
Colorado. So pretty!

Those aren't dried leaves... they're butterflies!


This little butterfly was my new best friend. It hung out in my hair
for a good five minutes before it flew away!


Our guides apologized because apparently this year, due to the unseasonable cold and rain, many of the butterflies had died. Apparently normally you can’t even see the sky there are so many mariposas!

While we were there, we checked out the town of Valle de Bravo nearby. Super cute with a pretty lake in the middle!


A beautiful church, decorated for a wedding

It was so nice to be next to some water for the first time in a while!

Besides that, there’s not a whole lot going on… Just been continuing to explore the city and meet new people. Today some of my friends are playing in a soccer tournament at school so I’ll have to get out my pom-poms…

I’m pretty sure I could get used to this life… Hanging out, seeing cool things, making new friends, eating delicious food… and occasionally doing some homework too. I can’t complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment